Friday, August 22, 2008

What I do when I can't sleep.

I'm not really sure why I made this video/slideshow. No one asked me to. No one suggested that it would be a good idea. I just happen to like doing AV stuff. (and it's been a rough week, and I needed a distraction!) I like recording. I like creating. I enjoy finding new and interesting ways to get the message out. I like exposing others to my offbeat sense of humor. (Even if they don't always understand or appreciate it!)

I'm just made like that.

When God created me in the innermost parts of my mom, He knew that I was going to be an artsy person. I can't paint a sunset in the sky like my DAD, but I can paint a sunset on canvas. I can't make the trees and stones cry out in praise to my God, but I can sing an intimate or corporate song of praise to Him. I can't make someone give their time, money, or lives; but I can be a vessel that the Holy Spirit uses to encourage people to be generous and giving of themselves.

So no one asked me to go the extra mile. That's ok. No one asked Jesus to die on the cross. He just did it. If only I could find ways everyday to do more than what is required of me...if only when I find those ways to do more, I would blissfully put on the yoke and move my rear, instead of complaining that I don't enjoy the situation in front of me. If only I embraced the trials I'm facing so I might convey the hope of Christ in all things, instead of just the easy things.

I know, O LORD, that your laws are righteous,

and in faithfulness you have afflicted me.


May your unfailing love be my comfort,

according to your promise to your servant.

Psalm 119:75-76

Lord, help me today to go the extra mile. Give me grace to carry the cross with joy and peace, instead of giving those around me a piece of my mind. Expand the depths of my commitments to others, and find me faithful in the present situation You have obligated me to, even though I am not comfortable in this place. When I am in the midst of spiritual battle, and my heart and mind are weary, allow me to collapse into Your mercy seat and let you anoint my head with oil. Your goodness and mercy can be found in all situations, be they life, death, or anything in between. As my heart is put to the test today, give us comfort and peace. You are in control, even when we think you aren't. Find us faithful, and find us gracious. May we stand wholly upon Your word today. ~Amen

No comments: